I take my resolutions seriously. My friend, Coco, and I have decided to revive our 2012 Contract (which involved resolutions, lists, and money — You know it’s serious when there’s money involved). So, this year, we’re doing the same, but we’re revising the rules. Last year, we only had five major goals; this year, we’ll do optional goals too.
So here are the rules:
Coco and I have a joint bank account. We will meet to deposit P2,000 each on that bank account and exchange time capsules. The time capsules will include letters to ourselves, plus our list of goals, which we really want to accomplish before the onset of 2014. In addition to the P2,000, we will each deposit P500 a month to the bank account, thus totaling to an amount of P8,000 from each person for the whole year. The total amount of money we should be able to gather would be around P16,000.
Three optional goals (OG) are equal to one main goal (MG). We will receive major awards for accomplishing 5 major goals, which can be a combination of optional goals and main goals. The italicized alphanumerical combination indicate the number of goals accomplished. Here is the breakdown of rewards.
15 OG = P2000 (for self) + P2000 (for partner) + the rest to charity
1 MG + 12 OG = P3000 (for self) + P1500 (for Coco) + the rest to charity
2 MG + 9 OG = P3500 (for self) + P1000 (for Coco) + the rest to charity
3 MG + 6 OG = P4000 (for self) + P500 (for Coco) + the rest to charity
4 MG + 3 OG = P6000 (for self) + P0 (for Coco) + the rest to charity
5MG = P8,000 (for self)
Of course, we’re not discounting the importance of achieving individual goals, whether they be main or optional. So, for accomplishing any less than a total of 5 major goals or 15 optional goals, we’re giving ourselves the following: P50 for every optional goal accomplished, P100 for every main goal accomplished, and the rest will be given to charity.
Find a new job or take Masters in UA&P.(Teaching for the first semester in two universities. Help me, God.)
- Read at least three whole International Relations books.
- Complete the 52 Churches Project for 2013.
- Learn how to cook at least three dishes.
- Lose at least 4 kilograms.
- Regularly attend monthly Recollections (can only be missed a maximum of 4 times).
- Go to Mass for nine consecutive first Fridays and receive Communion.
- Learn how to put on make-up.
- Improve Korean language skills, relearn one of the languages I already studied before, or learn a new language.
- Make a new savings bank account and have at least P40,000 in that account at the end of the year.
- Have no debts by the end of the year.
- Get Civil Service Eligibility.
Vote.(May 13, And most of my candidates didn’t win. D:)
- Keep the Second of May alive and active until January 2014 (at the least).
- Apply for my Social Security ID.
Read and finish three spiritual reading books. Go on a long drive — at least an hour away from home.(April 21, 2013 – From San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan to my home; 4:02pm to 5:12pm)
- Learn to park properly.
- Read and finish the Theology of the Body.
- Go on an out of town trip with friends.
Go on a day trip with Patrich.(February 24, 2013 – Subic)
- Learn how to make French Macarons.
- Learn how to bake something.
- Learn how to cook at least one dish (I know, it’s a scaled down version of my major goal!).
- Write a poem.
Sort out items that I don’t use anymore.(mid-April, 2013 – After the dead rat incident.) Donate old belongings.(January, 2013 – Donated old clothes.)
- Read two books from my “To Read” list.
Finish my piano piece.(May 2013! Yes! Yes!)
- Get a new pair of walking shoes.
- Meet a set of friends at least once a month.
- Draw something in full color.
- Translate five Korean songs.
- Send snail mail to at least five friends.
Give someone something handmade.(M. Vargas – Handmade rosary)
- Stop drinking soft drinks.
- Find the little black dress.
- Use my planner until the end of the year.
- Get a new phone (my current ones are acting weird on me).
Visit UST and meet the Professors, whom I need to meet.(January 31, 2013 – Met Sir Baron briefly.)
- Sew something.
- Learn to play a new song on my guitar.
- Eliminate some words from my vocabulary.
Drive somewhere outside Quezon City.(January 27, 2013 – Paco Park, Paco, Manila.) Drive somewhere outside Metro Manila.(April 21, 2013 – Bulacan)
- Memorize the Nicene Creed.
Go on at least three special events.(February 16 – In the Mood for Love, Madrigal Singers; February 24 – Hot Air Balloon Fiesta, Angeles, Pampanga; March 16 – 4th International Pyromusical Competition)
- Attend one of Najee’s events.
Now and then, I’ll come back to this list and slash out the stuff that I’ve already done or to add more goals as I think of them. Well, here’s to a fruitful 2013. Hopefully.